Pre-conference CPD workshop – Experimental design, 25 April, 10:30-12:30
Chair: Simon Bates, GSK, UK
In this workshop, we shall consider how the purpose of an experiment influences the choice of experimental design. Attendees will explore three stages of experimentation, namely: pilot studies; hypothesis-generating experiments; and hypothesis-confirming experiments. By working through a practical example, in an interactive session, we shall consider three main questions:
- what is the purpose of the experiment at each stage of the study
- how does the purpose of an experiment affect its design; and
- what conclusions can be drawn from different types of statistical analysis?
A key theme of the workshop will be to consider how to reduce animal use, while maintaining the scientific validity and reproducibility of conclusions drawn from the study.
Site visit to the Clinical Training Center, SLU, 09:00-10:30
Chairs/guides: Desirée Karlsson and Isabelle Werner, SLU, Sweden
Site visit to the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, about 6 km south of Uppsala city and UKK the conference venue.
Phone: +46 18 67 15 33 or +46 18 67 10 03
- 31 January, 2023 - Deadline for submission of abstracts
24 February, 6 March 2023 - Notification of abstracts 28 February, 13 March 2023 - Deadline registration to early bird fee
- 30 March, 2023 - Deadline submission of extended papers