About Uppsala & Sweden
Uppsala – the University City
Uppsala is Sweden’s fourth largest city with a population of 225 000 inhabitants. Unique cultural treasures and an exciting history are to be found in the city of knowledge and inspiration. Uppsala has retained its small-town charm while offering a big city’s selection of shops, restaurants and other entertainment.
Uppsala has many historical attractions. Among the most famous are:
• Uppsala cathedral, the largest cathedral in Scandinavia.
• One of Sweden’s eldest botanical gardens
• A unique anatomical theatre built in the 1600’s
• The Linnaeus Garden
• Uppsala Castle from the mid-1500’s
Links to the websites
- Learn more about Uppsala Cathedral at the website of Church of Sweden
- Uppsala University web presents the botanical garden
- Uppsala University’s Museum Gustavianum presentation with the anatomical theathre
- Uppsala University web presents the Linnaeus Garden
- Destination Uppsala web presents Uppsala Castle
However, Uppsala is not only known for its traditions. Today Uppsala is a dynamic industrial and commercial city where knowledge, ideas and entrepreneurship are at the center. The city’s geographical location with only 30 minutes to Stockholm-Arlanda international airport and 40 minutes to Stockholm has made Uppsala an attractive place for meetings.
For information on how to reach Uppsala, please visit the Travel page on this website.
Other useful links
- Visit Destination Uppsala, the official tourist guide to the city and the region
- Stockholm-Arlanda international airport official website
- Uppsala University website
- More about SLU, the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Switchboard: +46 18 67 10 03
PO Box 7059
750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
31 January, 2023 - Deadline for submission of abstracts
24 February, 2023 - Notification of abstracts
28 February, 2023 - Deadline registration to early bird fee
30 March, 2023 - Deadline submission of extended papers